James Madison University (JMU), founded in 1908, spans over 675-acres in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Acorn partnered with JMU to fabricate over 100 stainless steel donor plaques, dimensional letter sets, a donor wall, and column wraps for JMU’s new advanced Learning Complex. This beautiful/innovative space boasts over 210,000 square feet of exciting new areas for students to learn, interact, and develop their skills.
These spaces are designed to provide students with the highest levels of education and training, and are designated for a wide range of activities, including:
- Refurbished classrooms with state-of-the-art technology and flexible configurations
- New space for JMU’s award-winning Digital Marketing Program
- Expanded facilities for the Center for Economic Education
- Private spaces for hosting executives and student participation in the Entrepreneurs-in-Residence Program, the C-Suite Speaker series, and professional
- development activities
- Tutoring laboratories
- Dedicated space for students to meet with recruiters and career development
- A dining facility that also serves as student study space
- Multi-function areas for large dinners, guest speakers, and career events
- Informal space for student gatherings for groups and individual study rooms
Throughout our work in the Learning Complex, we produced signage that highlighted the beautiful building and integrated seamlessly into the space. We are inspired by the excellent education that JMU provides to their students, and are glad that we have been able to partner with them to provide the signage throughout this innovative building.
Our team at Acorn is passionate about working with universities because of the diverse range of individuals that interact with the spaces. In our blog about university signage, we acknowledge that, “College and University signage is not only critical for accessibility and inclusion throughout college campuses for all, but highly influences students, prospective students, visitors, faculty and staff’s collective experience when on campus.” You can read more about our work with universities at https://acornsign.com/1221-2/.
To see more photos of our client work, visit us online at https://acornsign.com/work/.